Take the T if you can; plan a detour if you’re just trying to get through Fenway the next two nights
As you might expect, the games will cause logistical headaches for commuters trying to get into, out of, and through the area around the ballpark. The city has issued a warning about parking restrictions and street closures; and is advising local drivers to detour around the area.
These streets will be closed to truck traffic starting at 6 p.m. both nights.
- Brookline Avenue, from Beacon Street to Park Drive
- Jersey Street, from Boylston Street to Brookline Avenue
- Ipswich Street, from Boylston Street/Hemenway Street to 1200 Boylston Street
- Van Ness Street, from Ipswich Street to Kilmarnock Street.
And these streets will be closed to all motor vehicles starting at 7 p.m. both nights.
- Brookline Avenue, from Park Drive to Boylston Street
- Ipswich Street, from Charlesgate East to Van Ness Street
- Jersey Street, from Boylston street to Brookline Avenue
- Lansdowne Street, from Brookline Avenue to Ipswich Street
If you’re going to the games—both of which are scheduled to start at 8:09 p.m.—might we recommend taking the Green Line to Fenway or Kenmore; or the commuter rail to Yawkey? This handy MBTA trip planner can help.
There is also the Blue Bikes bike share and good, old-fashioned walking. Go Sox.